I’ve been talking to a friend over the past couple of days about weightlifting, gym-going, bodybuilding and diets. It has been really interesting and informational, and has led to me to yet again wonder why I decided to lift weights. There are many answers, and they seem to change in importance daily.
- I want to look good.
- I want to be strong.
- I want to lift my own bodyweight.
- I want to have an Adonis’ Belt.
- I want to be confident.
- I want to be fit.
- I want to be healthy and energetic into old age.
- I want to prove that ladies who lift become sexy, not She-Hulk.
- I want to be proud of my achievements, and not let down my future self.
So, why do you do what you do? What motivates you to go to the gym, or run, or cycle, or play rugby, as part of your routine? You might have a list like mine. You might have completely different reasons. You might have just one reason. I’d love to hear them!